Bacon Cheese Soup
Since nearly all canned soups are full of wheat, sugar, and other processed ingredients, we had to find a way to make our own. This is a keto (hflc) friendly soup, as well as paleo (if you allow dairy).
Note: This soup is very filling thanks to the keto aspect.
- 1/2 Pack of Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter
- 1 Celery stick, finely diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced (or garlic pressed)
- 1/4 Cup of Starch (potato, tapioca, or arrowroot)
- 3 Cups of Organic Chicken Stock (bone broth)
- 4 Cups of Organic Half and Half (or whole milk)
- 1 lb of shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Aminos
- Real salt, Pepper, and Chives to taste
- Cut bacon into small sections and place In a large saucepan (approx 4 quart). Allow bacon to cook, but not get crispy.
- Once bacon is cooked, add butter, celery, and minced garlic.
- Cook until all butter is melted.
- Mix in starch and stir well, until thoroughly blended.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil for ONE minute.
- Turn the heat to low/medium and add half and half, tabasco, aminos, cheese, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Allow cheese to fully melt.
- Simmer until hot, but do NOT boil after half and half is added.